Saturday, July 26, 2014

"Do you believe in curses?"

I feel like I'm under a curse, but not just one or two areas of life but all of them.  O.K. let's just look at one area of life.

Conferences and trips.

Today, the leader of a local free conference texted me to tell me that it is at 1 p.m.  I showed up at one and the room was essentially sealed off.  The newspaper stated that t he conference starts at 11 a.m.  I asked the leader for clarification and he said 1!

So, I stayed for an hour, but I was mad. The stuff that was talked about built upon what was talked about the first 2 hours.  The room was dark and the acoustics were so bad that if I wasn't reading his lips I didn't understand him at all.  So, I just walked out.

Linda paid for me to go to a "health camp" in 04.  Nobody mentioned however that there is a time difference between Michigan and Indiana so I missed the kick off dinner which was very important.

In 99, I drove to Rehobeth to meet with the Sierra Club.  I missed the one big shared meal because of this:

there were no posted speed limit signs.  So, when I saw a cop and that he was doing 65 I reasoned that must be the speed limit.  He pulled me over told me I was speeding and got held up for nearly an hour.

In 2010 I went to the adoption conference.  There was a big kick off dance and dinner, but the leader gave me the wrong hotel, so I lost my big chance to meet the other attendees.  Have I made my point?

No comments: