Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"Health Update"

Well, I've lost 35 lbs in the last year so happy about that.  I'd be lying if I said I feel better because I don't.  However, I can walk fast some days and / or certain times of the day.  That seems so contradictory because when my feet hit the floor in the a.m.  I really need a cane to safely stand and walk to the bathroom.  My feet don't work right and I can't keep my balance and those first few moves are unbearable.

Knowing that a normal life span for me would be about 82, and that for 31 more years I am going to wake up and feel excruciating pain regardless of meds, well it's a huge pill to swallow!

I was having horrible hot flashes, but the doc started me on Neurontin and I haven't had a hot flash since.  It seems the Neurontin has also helped with the nerve pain.

Still largely homebound, but I do have some things I'm looking forward to.  Like the mountain town camera club meeting.  ;)

Having daily headaches.  maybe if I use the neti pot it will kill the sinus infection and hopeful stop the headaches.  (h/a)

They keep trying me on sleep meds and I've been allergic to all of them, so i'm back on Seroquel for sleep.  What that means is that sometimes I only sleep an hour a night but it's a little better then nothing.

No comments: