Friday, November 7, 2014

Schenley Shack/part 2

Kelly is a chain smoker who ALREADY had 6 beers under his belt.

 He was coming on strong. He said that his friends told him that I won't return.  It was 5:30 or 6 o'clock by the time I return to lower Shenley Road.

 I was famished! Kelly and I talked for 45 minutes and I met his neighbor Pat a lovely woman whose husband just died. I told Kelly that I was starved and had to leave for dinner. He asked me where I'm going for dinner. I told him I'm going home for pbj.

 "You WANT pbj for DINNER?!"

No but that's all I have!   (top this off with the fact that the maint men and unknown other men regularly break in and steal my food dishes silverware and any other possessions they can find)  Kelly said that all he has is peanut butter and bacon and his home because the racoons broke in last night and stole his bread.  He didn't ask me if I wanted to go to dinner but he did tell Pat in front of me that he's taking me to dinner. To which I replied" You ARE?! 

I suggested we walk to the Evergreen neighborhood as it is in walking distance. But he wanted to go to HamPden. In my best Bawlmerese accent, I teased him about being afraid to eat in evergreen where people are rich!

No comments: