Friday, November 14, 2014

my first mammogram

you could say that my first mammogram today was done under dUress. They also did a oh gosh I guess it's like an ultrasound but its of both of your breasts.

The reason why I was required to go in for a mammogram is because when I was in the ER they found something in the right breast that looks suspicious.

Well today they did the ultrasound type thing with the gel and they're able to see inside of your breasts and the Dr is concerned about both breasts. Now I need to wait for the primary care doctor to set up a biopsy and they make sure that a surgeon is standing by!

I wouldn't say the doctor had the best bedside manner but I wouldn't describe in this rude either. He talked about the surgeon without explaining to me that this does not mean that they're going to be removing your breast it means that they're taking out the tissue that they're concerned about. I'm going to do my best not to worry. Because you know me I don't care whether or not I have a long life I care only about quality of life

I will keep you informed

No comments: