Saturday, February 28, 2015

migraine and sleep deprivation

   doesn't seem that I am sleeping any more than a few minutes a night. What appears to be happening is I sleep for a few minutes I'm awake for 2 hours I sleep for another 5 minutes I'm awake for a few hours again. Every night is horrific nightmares in there are more symptoms as well that I have been discussing in my facebook support groups. .i AM PTSD so I know that that is contributing to how little I sleep and the fact that the sleep with such poor quality. Of course people with fibromyalgia don't usually get more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night so there are a lot of things going on.

I found out that my insurance totally covers having a sleep study.

In a few days I have my appointment.   like a consult. They give patients the option of either just coming in and doing the sleep study right away or having an appointment first to discuss concerns or questions.


I have had a migraine every day for the lAst 2 months. It waxes and wanes in severity.  the medicine helps to a certain degree,but I just don't know what can be causing these migraines.

Obviously the fact that I sleep so little can definitely contribute, obviously when I had chainsmokers living below me that was a huge factor but they don't live down there anymore.

If I had 75 dollars I would buy  a mold test kit. in my last 2 months in my one bedroom apartment in Hampstead Maryland was when I discovered that that apartment had a very severe mold problem. One of my neighbors discovered it in her unit and little by little it was determined that most of the units had bad mold. But the owners denied the severity of the problem and did not want to spend any money on trying to get rid of it

 .i my lungs hurt my throat is sore a lot my voice is raspy so it is possible that when the maintenance man flooded my apartment by busting water heater that mold Grew, on the other hand this is a very dry climate so I just simply do not know.

But the sleep deprivation and the migraines are definitely a huge contributor to being at 80 to90% homebound.there is such unpredictability with my health that I missed 3 appointments in 3 days last week. I would love to go back to work part time but I'm going to have to start with just one day a week because I don't want to set myself up in a job where I'm constantly missing work due to illness. This is a huge advantage of going through vocational rehabilitation they already know in advance what your disabilities and limitations are.

No comments: